Why should I choose Great Outdoors Adventures?
The short answer is our commitment to providing you with the best off-road adventure in central Colorado. We have unparalleled dedication to your safety and enjoyment. When you call we talk to you and answer all of your questions. Making sure your OHV adventure is an awesome experience is as important to us as it is to you!
Where are we located?
Great Outdoors Adventures is located near Pike National Forest, Colorado with our base of operations in Woodland Park. We're located just 30 minutes west of Colorado Springs with great views to Pikes Peak - America's Mountain. Our private trail-head is located on a beautiful ranch just 25 minutes north of Woodland Park where all off-road OHV rides begin. Out Slingshot and FattE-Bike (electric bike) adventures begin at our store in Woodland Park just 6 minutes away from our downtown.
Are the adventures safe?
Off-road driving on any type of OHV is an outdoor adventure sport with an element of inherent risk and it is possible to be injured. Is it dangerous? No, but no reputable outfitter should tell you that it’s absolutely safe. The uncontrolled and sometimes unpredictable elements of the back-country are part of the thrill.
Do I need prior experience?
We have partnered with Polaris and FattE-Bikes to provided the safest vehicles on the market. They are relatively easy to operate and we're more than happy to provide some introductory instruction as part of your rental or more in-depth instruction during one of our tours. GENERALS side-by-sides are very similar to operating passenger vehicles with steering wheels, seat belts, gas and brake pedals. The Slingshots are stick-sift manual transmission vehicles, so we recommend at least introductory skills to operate them. They drive very similar to a small convertible vehicle
How old do I have to be to drive? What about passengers?
Polaris General Off Road Vehicle (ORV)
- Driver of ORV must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid drivers license
- A minimum of 4 years of age, however the operator can make a final decision based off height
- Driver of Slingshot must be 25 years of age and possess a valid drivers license
- A minimum of 8 years of age, however the operator can make a final decision based off height
- Biker must be 18 years of age and possess a valid drivers license
- No rider under the age of 18 will be allowed to rent or demo an e-bike without the consent of a parent or guardian
Do I have to have a motorcycle license to drive a Slingshot in Colorado?
You are not required to have a motorcycle license in the state of Colorado to drive a Slingshot.
If we are on an unguided adventure on a Slingshot or Side by Side, how will we know where we are going?
After a comprehensive vehicle orientation, we will familiarize you with the Pike National Forest and the endless possibilities awaiting you and your family. Whether you want to explore historic mines, experience breathtaking views, or challenge your off-road driving skills, we will help you plan your mission. You will then be provided with:
- a tablet navigation mapping system that clearly shows trails, highways, landmarks, and recreation sites.
- a detailed paper map of the area we provide during your check-out.
- an emergency communication device in all Polaris Side by Sides machines
What should I bring?
To get the most enjoyment out of your ride, we recommend wearing long pants, closed-toe shoes and a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt. Every person is required to wear a helmet. Helmets & goggles are available to borrow for your rental period. A valid driver’s license is required for all drivers (even bikers), no exceptions! Credit or Debit Card required for payment and security deposit. Also, please bring your valid drivers license. Dress in waterproof layers, mountain temperatures can vary from warm to cold with quick afternoon showers. Keep hydrated with your water bottle or buy one at the store.
What if it rains?
Great Outdoors Adventures runs its trips rain or shine however we will determine the safety of all tours and reserve the right to alter tours based on weather and terrain conditions. When it comes to electric bike rentals that is yet to be decided.
How to fund our adventure?
Credit or Debit Card required for payment and security deposit.
What time should I show up for my experience?
In general, you should arrive at our store about 30-60 minutes before your ride to complete paperwork, choose helmets, review maps, ask questions, get revved-up, and get key safety information. After spending 15-30 minutes in the store, you'll travel 30 minutes north in your vehicle to where we store the off-road vehicles. You can parking you vehicle at the supervised trailhead location. Likewise, your equipment is due back to where you rented it from within 30 minutes of your reservation times.
What’s the difference between rental and tour?
Rentals are self-guided tours that begin with great instruction and maps. We'll provide you with the latest information on where to legally ride safely and have a blast. If you add a guide to your rental experience, they are experts at navigating the areas safely and will guide you to the best possible types of experiences. Our guides are experts in safe operations of off-road vehicles and are happy to teach you both technical riding and navigation skills during your tour. You can also "follow the leader" and let our guide do the all the navigation for you! Our guides will also be right there to provide and support you may during your epic ride!
Can I get a refund?
With your safety in mind we reserve the right to alter trips upon our discretion due to weather or unpredictable events. In the event we change a trip due to weather the price of the trip remains the same if it is a comparable length.
- Cancellations/ Refunds: Deposit is fully refundable 7 or more days before your reservation time. Your reservation deposit is non-refundable within 2 days of your reserved time. * Your full reservation cost is no-refundable within 2 days of your reserved time.
- No-shows and late arrivals are not eligible for refunds. Although we may allow a one-time change within the same year based upon availability and circumstance. Changes will incur a change fee of $10.00 per person.
- By making a deposit to Great Outdoors Adventures, you are stating that you understand, acknowledge and agree to our terms and policies.
- In order to maintain our schedule we ask that you arrive on time as not to miss your trip. A one-time change may be allowed and a change fee applied in order to change a trip time if you miss your departure under reasonable circumstances.
- We truly appreciate your choosing Great Outdoors Adventures!
Yes, there is a required accidental damage waiver (rental protection) for the Side by Sides and Slingshots along with a security deposit. Once the activity is successfully completed Great Outdoors Adventures will void the Security Deposit.
Side by Sides
- $15, $30, or $60 protection options
- The options are:
- $15 = $4,000 security deposit
- $30 = $2,500 security deposit
- $60 = $1,500 security deposit
- Overnight rentals require a $60 protection option
- Insurance is $42
- Security deposit of $1500
- Security deposit of $500
What is Pikes Peak Ranger District?
The Pike National Forest is one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in Colorado with dominating views of Pikes Peak. You can drive our Slingshots or Fatte-Bikes to the top of the 14,000 ft Pikes Peak on a beautiful paved toll and recreation highway managed by the City of Colorado Springs. There are over 300 miles of interconnected trails on the surround national forest. The regions have hundred's of miles of scenic highways leading to beautiful vistas, recreation sites, and mountain communities with wonderful services.
What is the closest airport?
The closest airport to Woodland Park is just 30 minutes away at the Colorado Springs International Airport. The Denver International Airport is only 90 minutes away.
What else can I do in the area?