Why should I choose Great Outdoors Adventures?
The short answer is our commitment to providing you with the best off-road adventure in central Colorado. We have unparalleled dedication to your safety and enjoyment. When you call we talk to you and answer all of your questions. Making sure your OHV adventure is an awesome experience is as important to us as it is to you!
Where are we located?
Great Outdoors Adventures is located within Pike National Forest, Colorado with our base of operations in Woodland Park. We're located just 30 minutes west of Colorado Springs with great views to Pikes Peak - America's Mountain. Our private trail-head is located on a beautiful ranch in Westcreek just 30 minutes north of Woodland Park where all off-road trail rides begin. Trail rides are on over 150 miles of fun and scenic Pike National Forest & Teller County rustic roads/trails. Our Slingshot adventures begin at our store in Woodland Park.
Can I trailer my rental to other locations?
Our insurance does not allow our customers to trailer our side-by-sides to other locations. We do offer side-by-side deliveries to private properties within 1 hour of our store in Woodland Park, depending on how and where the vehicle is intended to be used. There is a delivery charge based on the distance from our store. Slingshots are only rented from our store in Woodland Park.
Are the adventures safe?
Off-road driving on any type of OHV is an outdoor adventure sport with an element of inherent risk and it is possible to be injured. Is it dangerous? No, but no reputable outfitter should tell you that it’s absolutely safe. The uncontrolled and sometimes unpredictable elements of the back-country are part of the thrill. Safety is primarily related to how people operate the vehicles. Speed limit on the National Forest is 20 miles per hour. Our vehicles, helmets, and eye protection make you adventure safer. Safety is priority one!
Do I need prior experience?
We have partnered with Polaris to provided the safest vehicles on the market. They are relatively easy to operate and we're more than happy to provide some introductory instruction as part of your rental or more in-depth instruction during one of our tours. GENERALS side-by-sides are very similar to operating passenger vehicles with steering wheels, seat belts, gas and brake pedals. The Slingshots are stick-sift manual transmission vehicles, so we recommend at least introductory skills to operate them. They drive very similar to a small convertible vehicle
How old do I have to be to drive? What about passengers?
Polaris Off Road Vehicle (ORV)
- Driver of ORV (4 seater & 2 seater) must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid drivers license
- Driver of 6-seat Ranger must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid drivers license
- Passengers must be a minimum of 4 years of age, subject to GOA staff. Child seats or boosters are not safe in ORVs.
- Driver of Slingshot must be 25 years of age and possess a valid drivers license
- Passengers must be a minimum of 8 years of age, subject to GOA staff
Do I have to have a motorcycle license to drive a Slingshot in Colorado?
You are not required to have a motorcycle license in the state of Colorado to drive a Slingshot.
If we are on an unguided adventure on a Slingshot or Side by Side, how will we know where we are going?
After a comprehensive vehicle orientation, we will familiarize you with the Pike National Forest and the endless possibilities awaiting you and your family. Whether you want to explore historic mines, experience breathtaking views, or challenge your off-road driving skills, we will help you plan your mission. You will then be provided with:
- a tablet navigation mapping system that clearly shows trails, highways, landmarks, and recreation sites.
- a detailed paper map of the area we provide during your check-out.
- an emergency communication device in all Polaris Side by Sides machines
What should I bring?
To get the most enjoyment out of your ride, we recommend wearing long pants, closed-toe shoes and a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt. Every person is required to wear a helmet. Helmets & goggles are available to borrow for your rental period. A valid driver’s license is required for all drivers, no exceptions! Credit or Debit Card required for payment and security deposit. Also, please bring your valid drivers license. Dress in waterproof layers, mountain temperatures can vary from warm to cold with quick afternoon showers. Keep hydrated with your water bottle or buy one at the store.
What if it rains?
Great Outdoors Adventures runs its trips rain or shine however we will determine the safety of all tours and reserve the right to alter tours based on weather and terrain conditions.
How to fund our adventure?
- Cash, Credit or Debit Card can be used for service payments.
- Credit or debit card required for security deposits.
- Personal checks not accepted.
What time should I show up for my experience?
Arrive early at our store to complete paperwork, choose helmets, review maps, ask questions, get revved-up, and receive safety information.
- For Slingshot rentals/tours arrive 30 minutes prior to your ride time
- For off-road rentals/tours arrive at our trailhead 30-60 minutes prior to your ride time.
- GOA equipment is due back to where you rented by the end of your rental period. If equipment is returned late, additional fees will be assessed.
- You certainly may!
- You will need a tag for Game Management Unit 511 to hunt in the area where our recommended trails are now. FYI, we offer an automatic discount for rentals that are over three days long!
- For those interested in a week long or longer rental period we could help you trailer the side by sides to another location!
- Keep in mind we offer a complimentary smart tablet navigation for the North Divide and South Rampart Range and for the Rampart Range.
- Please call for more information. Drew is our hunting expert and will be happy to provide additional information for you.
What’s the difference between rental and tour?
Rentals are self-guided tours that begin with great instruction and maps. We'll provide you with the latest information on where to legally ride safely and have a blast. If you add a guide to your rental experience, they are experts at navigating the areas safely and will guide you to the best possible types of experiences. Our guides are experts in safe operations of off-road vehicles and are happy to teach you both technical riding and navigation skills during your tour. You can also "follow the leader" and let our guide do the all the navigation for you! Our guides will also be right there to provide and support you may during your epic ride!
What is my reservation deposit and can I get a refund?
With your safety in mind we reserve the right to alter trips upon our discretion due to weather or unpredictable events. In the event we change a trip due to weather the price of the trip remains the same if it is a comparable duration.
- Your total cost is required to reserve a rental or tour
- Customers will receive a full refund or credit within a 48 hours notice of cancellation before your reserved time
- We allow one rescheduling within 24 hour notice of your reservation
- Your credit card will be charged the full reservation amount in the event of late cancellation, late arrival or no-show. A one-time reservation change may be allowed within the same year based upon service availability and circumstance.
- In order to manage our schedule and serve other customers, we ask that you arrive on time (see the "when should I arrive" question).
- No-shows will be charged the full reservation price. Inability to pay security deposits (if required) is considered a no-show
- Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation.
- By making a reservation deposit to Great Outdoors Adventures, you understand, acknowledge and agree to our terms and policies.
Yes, there is a required accidental damage waiver (rental protection) for the Side by Sides and Slingshots along with a security deposit per vehicle. If paying the security deposit with a credit card this would be a credit hold and with a debit card this means you would not have the amount available during your rental period. In both instances, the security deposit is a hold not a withdrawal. Once the activity is successfully completed Great Outdoors Adventures will void the Security Deposit.
Off-Road: Any damage repair cost, or loss of rental revenue, to your rental vehicle in excess of your security deposit amount is covered by the damage waiver program. This includes flat tires. Security deposits are required for each vehicle driven by customers. Standard security deposit is $3,000 per off-road vehicle. Customers are responsible to return any additional equipment (tablet GPS computers, helmets, goggles, radios, coolers, rain tarps, etc.) provided by GOA in good condition. In the case of a disabled vehicle, GOA will do our best to assist you; however, it is your responsibility to safely return your vehicle to the GOA where it was checked-out to you. Our off-road vehicles are very reliable if operated safely.
Security Deposit Policy: $1500 Polaris Damage Waiver + $1500 GOA Repair Service = $3000 per vehicle
- Polaris Damage Waiver: Cost $15 per vehicle with a $1500 deductible (vehicle repairs)
- GOA Repair Service: $1500 per incident for GOA labor to manage repairs from accidents
Guided tours have lower security deposits and there is no security deposit for ride-along tours (our guide drives).
Slingshot: Any damage repair cost, or loss of rental revenue, to your rental vehicle in excess of your security deposit amount is covered by the damage waiver program. Security deposits are required for each vehicle driven by customers. Standard security deposit is $1,500 per Slingshot. If a Slingshot is damaged by a customer (including flat tires), it is the customers responsibility to have a professional service company replace flat tires or return the Slingshot to the GOA store in Woodland Park for repair. These expense are to be paid by the customer in addition to their security deposit amount. Your rental does not include road-side assistance. Also, Slingshots are not equipped with spare tires. Customers are responsible to return any additional equipment (helmets, radios, rain cover, etc.) provided by GOA in good condition. Our Slingshots are very reliable if operated safely.
Security Deposit Policy: $750 Polaris Damage Waiver + $750 GOA Repair Service = $1500 per vehicle
- Polaris Damage Waiver: Cost $15 per vehicle with a $750 deductible
- GOA Repair Service: $750 per incident for GOA labor to manage repairs from accidents
Guided tours have lower security deposits and there is no security deposit for ride-along tours (our guide drives).
Area there cleaning or other fees?
Cleaning fee of $50 per vehicle when return with excessive mud splashed inside, on helmets/goggles or on roof of vehicle. This fee is in addition to security deposit. One tank of fuel (premium gasoline) is provided per off-road vehicle/rental. For Slingshots, fuel is charged per gallon (estimated) if vehicle not return 100% full (premium fuel).
What is Pikes Peak Ranger District?
The Pike National Forest is one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in Colorado with dominating views of Pikes Peak. You can drive our Slingshots to the top of the 14,000 ft Pikes Peak on a beautiful paved toll and recreation highway managed by the City of Colorado Springs. There are over 300 miles of interconnected trails on the surround national forest. The regions have hundred's of miles of scenic highways leading to beautiful vistas, recreation sites, and mountain communities with wonderful services.
What is the closest airport?
The closest airport to Woodland Park is just 30 minutes away at the Colorado Springs International Airport. The Denver International Airport is only 90 minutes away.
What else can I do in the area?